Best-selling author and world-renowned nutritionist Kimberly Snyder was kind enough to share her recipe for her signature Glowing Green Smoothie. Snyder was part of our latest Architects of Change Live conversation. She and Deepak Chopra joined Maria to talk about health and their latest book, Radical Beauty.
A green smoothie is an excellent way to squeeze in a hearty portion of greens. In fact, this smoothie contains over 3 cups of dark leafy green vegetables, as well as plenty of nutrients for energy and enough fiber to keep you full. Kimberly recommends making a large portion that you can enjoy on several occasions, with the average batch lasting in the refrigerator for up to 2-and-a-half days.
- 7 cups chopped spinach (about a medium bunch)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1½ cups chopped celery (about 2 medium stalks)
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium pear, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium banana, peeled and cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro (stems are okay)(optional)
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley (stems are okay)(optional)
- Combine the spinach, romaine and water in a blender and begin processing on low. Gradually move to higher speeds and blend until smooth.
- Next, add the celery, apple, and pear, and the cilantro and parsley (if using). Lastly, add the banana, lemon juice and ice (if using), and blend until smooth. Serve at once or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2½- 3 days.
For more information and recipes, visit Kimberly Snyder’s website.