Nancy’s Sockeye Salmon Avocado Salad
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Trader Joe’s Wild caught Pacific “Sockeye Salmon”, canned (or equivalent if no Trader Joe’s conveniently located)
- 1 Avocado, ripe (remove skin, dice)
- 1 medium Celery Stalk, chopped
- ¼ Sweet Bell Pepper, diced (orange, yellow or red)
- ¼- ½ cup fresh Spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 Scallion, diced
- 3-4 sprigs Italian Flat Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- ½ tsp No- Salt Mixed Herbs & Spices
- 1 Tbsp Cod Liver Oil, Lemon flavored
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
- In a medium-sized bowl add each ingredient; toss lightly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- May hold for 2 days or serve immediately.
- May serve as entrée, or as a sandwich on whole grain bread.
Nutritional Info: Serving Size – 475g Calories: 446; Fat: 28g; Saturated Fat: 4.5g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Sodium: 448.5mg Carbohydrates: 25.6g; Fiber: 8.7g; Sugar 2.8g; Protein: 28.5g; Vit. A 110%; Vit. C 60%; Calcium 11%; Iron 25%
Added for protein, fiber, crunch, brainy vitamins and antioxidants
Go to Brainwellness.com for additional free Memory Preservation Nutrition™ recipes or to order this wonderful cookbook) http://brainwellness.com/nutrition/recipes/ and http://brainwellness.com/online-store/brain-healthy-recipes-and-cook-books/
© 2016 Nancy Emerson Lombardo, Ph.D. Original recipe by Kristina Scangas and Nancy Emerson Lombardo, PhD, following the Memory Preservation Nutrition® program. Kristina worked with Dr. Emerson Lombardo at the Brain Health and Wellness Center® and is a graduate in nutrition from Simmons College. Kristina is pursuing a career as a primary healthcare provider knowledgeable about nutrition.