The Sunday Paper Dinner Club: We here at The Sunday Paper believe in the power of meaningful conversations around the table as a foundation in building a more caring, kinder and compassionate world. We want to inspire you and encourage you to open your tables, open your hearts, and open your minds each and every week with the help of our Meaningful Conversation Starter and suggested recipe. Then report back to us and tell us about the experience. Cheers!
Meaningful Conversation Starter: What makes you feel loved?
- ½ cups (200g) cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (262g) store-bought medium salsa
- ½ cup (71g) cashews
- ⅓ cup (27g) nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket set over the boiling water. Cover and steam for about 5 minutes until the florets are easily pierced with a fork.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, salsa, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, cumin, and salt in a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and blend for another 10 seconds to puree the queso.
- Enjoy the dip warm and garnished with chopped cilantro. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or sliced veggies like bell pepper or carrots.
This recipe was featured in the February 9th edition of The Sunday Paper. The Sunday Paper inspires hearts and minds to rise above the noise. To get The Sunday Paper delivered to your inbox each Sunday morning for free, click here to subscribe.