How to Calm Your Mind & Body During a Pandemic
A global virus is not the only pandemic sweeping across the world. We are also experiencing a FEAR pandemic. The effects of fear, worry, anxiety, and stress can all be harmful to your health and the strength of your immune system, which is more important now than ever.
A relaxed and healthy body and mind is far better prepared to fight off illness and disease than a body and mind in a constant state of fear induced stress. Panic has never resolved or helped any situation. It only serves to create unnecessary stress, chaos, and confusion.
Here are 3 steps you can take to help stay calm and manage your health and your fear during this time of uncertainty.
We all know that uncertainty and the fear of the unknown can create stress and worry. Help your mind relax by getting the facts. Stay educated or informed on the recommendations of the government and health officials in your area. Keep it simple.
- Wash your hands.
- Don’t touch your hands to your face, especially if out in public places.
- Avoid large crowds and gatherings for now.
- Drink hot liquids.
- Keep surfaces disinfected.
Help your mind stay calm by avoiding thinking globally. Bring your thinking and your focus back down to you and your household. Staying focused on things that are manageable and under your control can reduce the feeling of helplessness and overwhelm that creates stress.
Tidy your mind to stay focused on the positive things. Notice how much time during each day you are spending talking about or watching/reading content related to the Coronavirus.
- Step away from the TV for a while.
- Go outside and get some fresh air.
- Pick a fresh topic of conversation.
- Go do normal everyday life things.
Help your mind relax by focusing on a topic of enjoyment.
Support your immune system.
Now is the time to make good choices. When not facing a health threat, it’s all too easy to make poor health and food choices. Staying educated on the do’s and don’ts of social interaction and supporting your immune system is your best defense against this or any viral infection.
- Consume healthy nutrient rich foods that are good for your unique body.
- Get adequate amounts of movement and sleep.
- Keep stress levels low by keeping your mind relaxed and tidy.
- Give your body a cleanse or detox to boost and support your immune system.
We can’t change or control what is happening with the Coronavirus around the world, but we can change and control our personal response and reactions.
Stay Calm. Stay Informed. Stay Smart. Stay Healthy.