How to Successfully Survive Mercury Retrograde
How many times have you blamed your life’s problems on Mercury Retrograde? I know I certainly have. Everything in my life becomes magnified. I mean really exaggerated. Almost out of control. So much so that it’s hard to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other. But that’s not me! I’m not a victim of this. So I decided to learn all I could about this annoying astrological event.
First of all, you should know, we are currently experiencing Mercury Retrograde. It started July 7th in the fiery sign of Leo and then moved into cancer July 19, and finally, it goes direct July 31st.
Now, I’m NOT an astrologer, but after so many years of hearing about its negative effects, I decided I wanted to learn how to get through it in the easiest, most positive way possible.
First, let me explain what Mercury Retrograde is and what it means.
It happens three or four times a year when the planet Mercury moves in the opposite direction of the Earth. The same happens when one of our planets passes Mercury’s orbit around the sun. Mercury is just moving slower than the earth, creating an illusion that it’s in retrograde.
Mercury is responsible for everything involving communication (including our devises), anything associated with travel, technology, transportation, appliances, details, thoughts, and even our energy. During this time, some people feel misunderstood, frustrated, and agitated. Astrology experts say this is the worst time to sign contracts or finalize deals.
Plus, there is a shadow period two weeks before and two weeks after, but the most intense time is while the planet is in retrograde.
But don’t worry. I researched some popular astrology sites, like Soul Guidance, to offer you tips on how you can have an easy Mercury Retrograde.
Here you go:
- Accept the things you cannot change
- Observe don’t absorb
- If the past pops up … know it’s a test
- If things go wrong … flow with it
- Be kind and forgiving at this time
- Listen to your intuition … not your emotions
- Don’t make concrete plans; make plans that can be changed easily
- Take a mini vacation or retreat
- Focus on and love and good that you do to receive the best results
- Inform others of retrograde, so they may adjust their energies as well
- Set your own vibrations
- Don’t match others’ energies
- Be on guard for lessons, trials, and triggers
- Do not take on other people’s irritability personally, and release all energy that doesn’t belong to you.
- And most importantly, Do not fear the storm; embrace it
So, the next time someone talks about Mercury Retrograde, you can tell them, “Hey, its under control. It’s no big deal.”
And I like to remember this quote from John Lennon, who said, “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not, it’s not the end.”
This essay was featured in the July 21st edition of The Sunday Paper. The Sunday Paper inspires hearts and minds to rise above the noise. To get The Sunday Paper delivered to your inbox each Sunday morning for free, click here to subscribe.