Maria’s Sunday Paper: Try Starting Your Day Like This…
Want to receive Maria’s perspective, as well as other inspirational content, in your inbox each week? Sign up to receive Maria’s Sunday Paper newsletter by clicking HERE.
P.S. My new book “I’ve Been Thinking… Reflections, Prayers, and Meditations for a Meaningful Life” is coming out 2/27/2018. Pre-Order Now
VIEWS ABOVE THE NOISE
SUNDAY PAPER EXCLUSIVE: INTERVIEW WITH JOE BIDEN
This week, I had the great honor of sitting down with Architect of Change and former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden. In an uplifting conversation, Biden shared his powerful perspective about why, in this age of uncertainty, we should remain optimistic about the future of our country.
ADVICE FOR TURNING YOUR SELF-ABUSE INTO SELF-ENCOURAGEMENT
To further this week’s message of how to live with optimism and hope, my dear friend, Architect of Change Angie Johnsey, has written an inspirational piece for you this week on how to turn your negative thinking around and make your self-thoughts work in your favor.
A LONGEVITY EXPERT TELLS YOU HOW TO EAT YOUR WAY TO A LONGER LIFE
Architect of Change Dr. Valter Longo, author of the compelling new book “The Longevity Diet,” stopped by this week to share the latest findings from his research into how our diets can be used to slow aging and fight disease.
HOW EVEN JUST A LITTLE MOVEMENT CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Architect of Change Katy Bowman‘s passion and purpose is teaching others how movement can change their lives. Today, she shares step-by-step instructions on how to start adding more natural movements into your everyday life and how doing so can make a big difference.
Also… Continuing our New Year’s “Health Reboot” series from our friends at ph360, Dr. Kareem Samhouri shares with you today what he knows about how our body types can dictate the choices we make for leading a healthy life.
CHANGEMAKERS MOVING HUMANITY FORWARD
SELFLESS TEENAGER MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN THE FIGHT TO END GLOBAL HUNGER AND POVERTY: This week, we honor 16-year-old Joshua Williams as our Architect of Change of the Week. This amazing changemaker took it upon himself at a very early age to rally his fellow youth to “stomp out” hunger after witnessing the injustice of a homeless person on his local streets. His organization Joshua’s Heart Foundation is now committed to ending world hunger.
NEWS ABOVE THE NOISE
1. Holly Butcher’s Dying Philosophy Will Make You Stop and Think: I’ve always said that life is both fragile and precious, so when I came upon this story featuring life lessons penned by a 27-year-old woman dying of cancer, I knew I had to share. It’s poignant, yet powerful.
2. After Facing Tragedy, the Spouses of Two Dying Memoirists Fall in Love: The spouses of two dying memoirists who wrote bestsellers about their final days ultimately came together and fell in love. I love that this story illustrates how the power of love can transcend death.
3. Nation’s Employers Assess Impact of Losing Immigrant Work Force: With the Trump administration ending temporary legal status for Haitians and Salvadorans, employers who rely on them report that they are going to have a difficult time finding people to replace them.
4. How the Location of Amazon’s Second Headquarters Could Help Promote Diversity in America: In this thought-provoking piece, Ana Ma, former COO and Chief of Staff at the Human Rights Campaign, suggests that CEO Jeff Bezos has a prime opportunity to “solidify a new course for corporate America — one based on morals rather than profits.”
5. Hundreds of Men Show Up to Support Students Without Fathers: This story made me so happy. I’m so proud of all the men who showed up to mentor fatherless boys at a Dallas school’s ‘Breakfast with Dads’ event. Watch the moving news report below.
In honor of his birthday on Monday, I wanted to share the wisdom of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for today’s Sunday Reflection. This particular quote really spoke to me, as it reminds us that within each of us is the capacity to forgive.is morning.
INSPIRATION FOR THE WEEK AHEAD
SHOP OUR STORE: SEE OUR COLLECTION
Get Empowered. Pass It Forward.
We’re so excited to announce that we’ve added a few new items to our shop! Check out our stylish apparel to fight Alzheimer’s, created in partnership with Art With a Purpose. You can also order our newest product, the “Maria” candle – the same scent used in her office and home. Visit the shop on MariaShriver.com to learn more.