Sunday Paper Dinner Table: Pea-Feta Guacamole (‘PFG’)
The Sunday Paper Dinner Table: We here at The Sunday Paper believe in the power of meaningful conversations around the table as a foundation in building a more caring, kinder and compassionate world. We want to inspire you and encourage you to gather virtually at your tables, open your hearts, and open your minds each and every week with the help of our Meaningful Conversation Starter and suggested recipe. Then report back to us and tell us about the experience. Cheers!
Meaningful Conversation Starter
What does “recovery” mean to you on a personal level?
Serves 4 to 6
- ½ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, pits removed
- ½ cup diced feta cheese
- 1 chili, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- Juice from 2-3 limes
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water or run under cold water until completely cool. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the avocados, feta cheese, chili, mint, lime juice, and peas in a food processor or a blender. Blend until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and scatter jalapeno over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies.
This recipe was featured in the July 12th edition of The Sunday Paper. The Sunday Paper inspires hearts and minds to rise above the noise. To get The Sunday Paper delivered to your inbox each Sunday morning for free, click here to subscribe.